Friday, January 9, 2009

A New Year





Wow! A new year is already here and it doesn't even seem real. Time has flown by for me. It seems just a year ago we were trucking the long trip to Texas from California to live with Bonnie and Jimi. Our financial situation has improved but not been perfected. We have a long way to go but I feel confidant that our ad luck is behind us.

To recap on the past year, Adam and I moved to Texas and we have been enjoying the country, Lily ended kindegarten with flying colors and began 1st grade at Lost Pines Elementary and Liberty celebrated her 3rd birthday!
Adam and I became engaged in July after he (finally) met my dad, Grant in Minden, La. We went for a visit and I was able to show him where I lived when I was younger. It was a blast from the past!

Lillian has been a star pupil at school and her teachers love having her in class. Despite only being in 1st grade, she has been to 3 different schools in the past year and it hasn't slowed her down at all. She is at a 2nd grade reading level and comprehends better than any child in her class. She just started learning science and seems to enjoy learning about that.
Liberty is a completely different character all together. It takes a lot of energy to keep up with her! She not only grabs attention but, she demands it as well. She knows how to pull your chain and she holds back for no one! Lol! She is definitely a free spirit and lives up to her name every minute of every day! She loves to paint and to sing and dance. She is fearless and will do anything for candy. Even though she has been hospitalized more than any kid I know (with the exception of Tristen) she sure takes a licking and keeps on ticking! Why, even for New Years she was in the hospital with the onset of pnuemonia.
I have been practicing guitar but haven't come very far. It is hard to teach yourself. (No matter how many self-help books you read.) I enjoyed reading the twilight Sage by Stephanie Meyers after having the joy of watching Lauren and Bonnie giggle and cry their way through the series. It really was worth reading! I also stumbled upon FLYlady. I won't go into detail but for those "perfectionists" out there who "can't clean the floor until they wipe the counters down" and feel they never get anything accomplished because there's "just so much to do", check out this website, it has been a godsend. (http://www.flylady.net/)

For the new year, I plan on continuing to better myself through flylady and really spending more time with the family. That has become one of my favorite things to do...just spend time together. It really has blessed us to be in the country. There's something about the air out here on a beautiful day that just makes you stop and smell the roses. I also plan on digging deeper into our wedding plans. Everyone we know is so far away right now that we plan to wait until they return before actually getting married. I want those special people to be there for my special day, so it will probably happen sometime in 2010. I will keep you posted. For now, this is it.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were blogging! Yeah! I want more! Now that you have a blog on here I can subscribe and I would really love it if you would read and comment my blog every once in a while. I love the new family photo and can't wait to read more! love you too much!

    ReplyDelete